Slightly less old fashioned
Back in January I mentioned that I felt old fashioned:
- I still pay for a landline
- I carry a PDA, not a smartphone
- I only run one IM client
- I buy my music online, but on plastic things called "CDs"
- I’ve only bought a few ringtones and games for my phone. (And $5 for a MIDI file seems outrageous!)
- I only download obscure TV shows over P2P
- I still use e-mail to communicate with my friends
- I have more stuff stored on my hard drive than in the cloud
- Su and I are planning to cut the landline in SF. We get WiFi and Satellite TV with our rent, so apart from wireless phone service we'll have cut down on our utility dependencies a little.
- My PDA is now a PocketPC Phone, which is like a Smartphone on steroids. I'm very happy with it.
- As of tomorrow, I'll have a Mac laptop for work.
- I have multiple blogs/domains:
- This one: http://inexorabletash.spaces.msn.com
- The old-school family site on a Unix box: http://www.calormen.com
- My map site: http://www.travellermap.com, blog at: http://travellermap.blogspot.com/
- The http://www.singularityclock.com site I registered to dogfood Office Live (and squat)
- I don't have a TV in SF, so if it's BitTorrent or nothing (or DVDs I suppose)